Skip navigation
14458 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2014 8:36 PM by sinictide RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 16, 2010 1:57 AM

Seasons Greetings 2010

Hi there,

Following a couple of inquiries, and seeing the potential weather for my vacation in Scotland, I put together a new Seasons Greetings script for 2010. In a slight departure from previous seasonal scripts, this uses a module, Mesocite, to run dynamics on an input structure so you must have Mesocite licensed to run this script.

If you don't have Mesocite, you can still see the movie below:

On a techy note, I use a soft interaction so that the snow goes through the "ground" and then back into the top of "sky". I also used an electric field to imitate gravity and a wind effect. A very small Lennard-Jones interaction was defined between the snow and the house beads so that the snow gathers on the roof of the house. Restraint energies were defined between position anchors and beads for the message to move the beads to form the words.

So, this script uses alot of new MaterialsScript API that was added in Materials Studio 5.5:

• ElectricFieldStrength to define the electric field
  • Fix constrains the snow beads when they are "docked" onto the existing snow
  • CreateRestraint and CreateAnchorPosition forms the message text

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the script and has a great vacation (if you are taking one!)

Cheers

Stephen

Attachments:
  • yan.zhao3 Novice 1 posts since
    Apr 27, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2011 4:57 PM (in response to stodd)
    Seasons Greetings 2010

Dear stephen,

This is a wonderful script.

Can we apply electric field in Forcite too?  Is there an easy way to do that?

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)